Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Witness - A Look Back to the Future"

            I have considered September 11- 2001 one of the most abominable strikes delivered to America, leaving a distress to people who live in the city of New York. LaGuardia Community College organized an exhibition called, "Witness - A Look Back to the Future". I was drawn to a painting by Robert Selwyn titled 
"911 explosion", which seemed so real that I thought it was a photograph, but as I approached I realized that it was a canvas with oil paint.  This painting expresses the feeling of helplessness and awareness for we must always be on guard  at any sign of terrorism. But most importantly, it symbolizes the fall of one of the most powerful financial sectors of America, leaving a vulnerable and fearful country questioning about the effectiveness of their home security measures.

1 comment: